Saturday, January 28, 2006

My finger

Have you ever seen City Slickers? If you haven't, it's a good flick. One of the conversations on there that I think I like the most is when Billy Crystal is picking up strays with Jack Palance after the stampede. Things are rough from the get go between them, but that night they have to make camp before catching up with the rest of the herd and they end up bonding. On the way back the next day, they're talking and Crystal talks about his wife not wanting him around, blah blah blah...

Palance: You city folk, you worry about a lot of shit

Crystal: Shit? My wife basically said she doesn't want me around

Palance: How old are you? 38.

Crystal: 39.

Palance: Y'all come up here 'bout the same age, same problems. You spend about 50 weeks a year gettin' knowts in your rope and then think two weeks up here will untie 'em for you. None of you get it. Do you know what the secret of life is?

Crystal: No. What?

Palance: This (holds up one finger)

Crystal: Your finger?

Palance: No. It's one thing. Just one thing.

Crystal: That's great, but what's the one thing?

Palance: That's what you gotta figure out. You stick to that one thing and everything else don't mean shit.


I gotta find my one thing cuz I worry about way too much shit.

No comments: