Saturday, January 21, 2006

Just one of the boys

I had the most fantastic time last night. I made plans to hang out with Ryan, the same guy that I mentioned in the post before this. Unfortunately, I had to go to church because our plans were for after church and it was much closer to him than if we left from my place.

Anyway, the original plan was to probably play video games (he got one of the new xbox 360s) and to call up a couple other guys we used to hang out with a lot, but hadn't seen in a while. Ryan ended up agreeing to give another guy, Jesse, a ride home so he joined our little band. Just before we left church, Ryan called up Ben and Mikey and they proceed to meet us up at Ryan's place.

At first it was Ryan and Jesse playing a bit of Medal of Honor (don't remember which one) until Ben and Mikey showed up. Then, the four of them played hockey. It was Ben and Mike against Jesse and Ryan and then Mike and Jesse against Ryan and Ben. I was content to watch up til this point, but, as some of you know, I love hockey. By the way, the graphics are awesome. It was almost better than watching a real hockey game. After a time Ryan told me to take over for him. Let me just say that Ben and I wiped the ice with Jesse and Mike. Now, you gotta understand that watching and knowing which buttons do what is one thing, but it's a little different when you're in the heat of the game with the actual controller in your hand. But, I have to say, I made some beautiful goals and some fairly good assists.

I think it was after the 6th or so goal, which made the score 6-0 Ben's and my favor, Ben just looks at me, kinda leans over and says, "Nikki, I think I love you. Any woman that likes hockey and can play video games is the woman I want to marry," to which I replied, "I feel the same, Ben, lets get hitched." Jesse and Mike ended up quitting when the score reached like 15-3. We decided to all play on one team for a bit, but Jesse kept griping about how dumb it was (this from the same guy that was griping about getting his butt whupped). Go figure. So we all played a little Perfect Dark for a while. At first it was just the four guys again, but Mike was getting bored cuz he wasn't able to kill anyone and kept getting killed himself. He finally made me take the controller and I think I got five kills in about ten minutes. That's not to boast about any ability I have. I still say it was pure luck. Although, at the end of the game, I'd bumped myself up to 17 kills.

Mike and Ben pooped out and left around 1am so I was content to watch Ryan and Jesse play Splinter Cell. When we all called it a night and I got home it was, no lie, 5:34am. Wow.

Now, for those of you that know me, you know I've been a tomboy pretty much my entire life except for a couple two week or so periods of girlishness when I've worn make-up (yuk!) and the like. But, as I've gotten older people have said that it's less appropriate for me to be the only female in a group of guys, which I say is dumb, but whatever. But to tell you the truth, it was nice to forget myself for a while and just be one of the guys again. Ladies, you might not think guys are as rude and crude as most people make them out, but what can I say, they/we are. The whole night we were unashamedly blasting out farts and belches and complimenting each other on them. One of the guys, I won't say who, actually said when we were playing Perfect Dark, and I quote, "Where in the nutsack am I?". Dude!!! We had to pause the game cuz we were all laughing so hard we couldn't see. At this point it was probably a little past midnight so we were a little overtired, but still, it was funny.

No comments: