Sunday, January 01, 2006

Another year

Last night was nothing special for me. I mean, it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't "all that". My mom, brother, and I were invited to a friend's house for a little soiree. They had the best chili cheese dip that I've ever tasted. OH...MY...GOD!! It was so fantastic. I think I had like three helpings of it. There was also guacamoli dip, veggies and dip, french onion dip for potato chips, brownies, cookies, apple crisp, and cocktail weenies. All in all, fairly good.

It was the three of us, the family of seven whose house it was, the boyfriend of their oldest daughter, and four other people from their church. Not enormously crowded, but I did have a small little freak out. I haven't had one like that in a while. Part of me wanted to be there, but another part of me wanted to get the hell out of there and go home where it's nice and quiet and there's only two other people I have to deal with. Have I mentioned before that I'm not really a people person?

Anyway, it was basically just chatting and hanging out. We had to leave early cuz my mom had to work this morning so we didn't get to see the ball drop. Also, the oldest daughter and her boyfriend went out to rent Cinderella Man for everyone to watch until it got closer to midnight, but it would've been harder to leave if we'd waited until after the movie started. So, we didn't get to see that either.

However, Matthew and I did stay up until midnight playing video games. And, you wanna know something cool? I slept all the way through the night last night, woke up at a decent time, and didn't end up going back to sleep even though I'm uber tired! I've probably stated in some earlier post that I'm an insomniac. If I haven't, then I apologize profusely. Night before last, I didn't fall asleep until about 4:30am and then woke up at 8:00am. Granted, last night I took my sleeping meds, but the other night I couldn't cuz by the time I realized I wasn't going to fall asleep, it was too late to take anything. If I had, I would've slept 'til about three in the afternoon. Not good.

Well, I suppose I could use rest of this post to highlight things from '05 that were really significant to me, but I won't bore you, or myself, with all that drivel.

Peace out

No comments: