Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy birthday to me

Okay, so it's not really my birthday, but it felt like it for a while today. I'd decided a while ago to close my checking account at Wells Fargo. It's just too damn hard for me right now to keep track of one account, much less two.

Anyway, I'd been trying to find out what my balance in said account was so I didn't go into the bank wanted to close it just to be told that I have a negative balance and I better pay or I'll find the leg breakers beating down my door. Problem was, I don't know my account number off hand and I couldn't for the life of me find a phone bank number for Wells Fargo. Finally, I got the brilliant idea to use the ATM at Super America to check my balance. My mom was already going there to get gas so it was perfect. So, I'm thinking I'd have maybe fifty bucks in there. Much to my delight, it was more like two hundred and fifty! I ask my mom if we can stop at the bank and we get over there only to realize that, hey, it's MLK day and the bank isn't open. So we do the next best thing. We go to the drive-up ATM there and withdraw most of the money and resolve to come back another day to actually close the account.

I guess it's kinda sad that having two hundred bucks makes one feel rich. Unfortunately, but not suprisingly, I no longer have the whole two hundred dollars. I had to get some things at Walmart that cost me a little less than twenty bucks, but hey, that's still a lot of money I have in my wallet.

No comments: