Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Above and beyond little brother idiocy

Sometimes I swear I could strangle my little brother and feel no remorse. I'll explain.

My ex-roommate, Amber, came over today and brought all my dvds with her as I'd asked her to. I was busy doing dishes when she came over so she set the bag of dvds on the table and said that my mail was also in there. We proceed to have lunch and I tell my little brother that he needs to clean the litter box and take out a bag of trash (specifically stated "the canteloupe rinds here on the table"). We all go about our day as usual.

Later on, 'round about 4:30 or so, he starts to watch a movie and one of the previews is for a dvd I bought. I think to myself that I'd really like to watch it so I go to get it out of the bag to find...gasp...no bag. I call Amber and ask her where it was she put the bag and she said on the diningroom table, but it might have gotten moved to the floor. I say goodbye and look again. No bag. I ask Matthew if he had seen it. No of course not. I ask if he might've taken it out to the trash by accident. He of course doesn't remember. He said that he took the litter box stuff out, the canteloupe trash, and one of three bags of trash from the floor. Hmmm.

We both go out to the dumpster, but can't find it. I call Amber again thinking maybe she mistakenly took it with her when she left. Nope. She checked the car already. The little shite and I go out again and look. Nothing. We come back in and I scour the apartment for like the third time. I even look in my mom's room and the cabinet under the bathroom sink (don't ask me why, but one time my brother put the loaf of bread down there. Swore he couldn't remember doing it). Nada. We go out to the dumpster again. Now we're both moving stuff in the dumpsters. It's not very full so unfortunately we gotta get our arms way down in there which results in our heads being almost half in the dumpster. Dumpster diving isn't as fun as it used to be when I was a kid. Of course, back then I lived in the ghetto so you never knew what you were gonna find in peoples' trash.

Anyway, still nothin'. I'm not all that mad at this point cuz I still can't believe he'd do something like that. But, what I came to figure is that, not paying attention as he does ALL the time, he took out the bag of mail and dvds and chucked them in the garbage. Then, some lucky son of a ***** found 'em and grabbed 'em. Yippee....Christmas all over again. I had at least 21 dvds!

It was only around 7:00 or so when I knew they absolutely were not in the apartment that I started getting pissed off. I mean, how can a person be so totally spaced that they don't realize they're A. carrying a bag full of dvds; and B. Throwing away a bag full of freakin' dvds!!!!! I am so pissed at that boy. He's 14 freakin' years old yet he acts like he's 5.

Of all the low down, dirty, rotten things to happen. To quote a line from Fantastic Four, "If there's a god, he hates me" - The Thing. Now, I don't really consider myself that materialistic. I've learned to do without a lot over the years. But that was hard earned money spent on those. It's like flushing a hundred or so dollars down the toilet.

I honestly haven't really thought about being able to get them back. Granted, I did have mail in the bag but it has my old address on it and I doubt somebody will go to Lauderdale just to return a bunch of kickass dvds when they could just keep 'em. I mean, if you had that choice, would you return them? Honestly?

My mom called a little while ago to say that she'd be late getting out of work. She said I sounded upset or tired...I'm a little of both, but I relayed to her what had transpired. She told me that he's gonna have to work to earn the money to buy all of them for me and it doesn't matter how long it takes him. That makes me feel a little better, but I mean, what am I gonna do in the meantime?

HE THREW MY DVDS AWAY!!!!! I don't think I've ever been so mad at him before in my life. It'd be like me throwing his gamecube and all his games away. GOD!!!!

Okay, I am so stressed that I have to go clean something or my head will explode.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey...

Wow... I feel so... bad for you. My condolences. You seem to be coping with it well. -_-. I would have absolutely murdered my sisters. Luckily, I don't invest in DVDs and other such things. My books however... are like Gold. Expensive Gold at that, and by God... even the thought of one of them... dear Lord.

Also... QCS is University Entrance Level test... the one you HAVE to sit if you want to get into University. -_-. God fuck me, if I fail. I don't know what it stands for though. You could google it for me, and tell me : ). Kidding. I'll try and find it out... at school today, IF I remember.

Well... TOODLES!

-

Siobhan