Thursday, February 22, 2007

what a treasure I have

D was so incredibly sweet and considerate yesterday. By about 7pm, even after drinking two Mt. Dews, I was so, so, so tired still.

We ended up going to Subway and watching some tv. We had planned on watching Criminal Minds (great show by the way), which doesn't go off until 10, but it ended up not being on so I fell asleep around 9:30.

Okay, so the sweet and considerate part.... The only time I woke up during the night was when he got up for his late night trip to the bathroom and other odd times, but I was never awake for more than a minute or so at most. He told me this morning that he woke up a few times during the night, too and if he realized that he was crowding me (as he's wont to do cuz he likes to cuddle), he'd move back over to his side of the bed and make sure I'd have most of the covers so I wouldn't wake up cold. Also, when he made his bathroom trip, I woke up and pulled the covers over my head so when he turned the light on it wouldn't hurt my eyes and wake me up more. But he didn't turn the light on cuz he was worried it would do the same thing that made me pull the covers up. Then, when he realized he wasn't gonna be able to sleep anymore (at about 5:30), he slowly got out of bed so I wouldn't wake up...and I didn't.

When the alarm went off, I could smell coffee, but figured he'd turned the pot on when he went to the bathroom. I got up and looked at the pot and there was already coffee gone and it was only then that I realized he'd gotten out of bed. :-) I always wake up when he gets up and more often than not can't get back to sleep, but I didn't even stir this time. That just goes to show how tired I was and how careful he was to not wake me up.

He's the bestest, sweetest, most considerate man in the whole wide world.

K...done bein' schmoopie. ;-)

No comments: