Wednesday, February 21, 2007

things that wake me up :p

There's something else I'm gonna complain about besides the storm and, since that came before the storm hit, that's what's gonna come first.

Okay, so D and I went to sleep about midnight (bad, bad, naughty bad since I have to get up at 6am). I woke up around 2:30am freezing cold...again. D had ended up scooting down in the bed and had pulled the covers down with him. He had 'em trapped under his arms so I couldn't pull them up to cover me. So I slid down in the bed, too. Every time I think I can doze off, he moves around, lightly kicks me in the shin once in a while or, if I'm facing away from him, shoves his knee into my back. He's still asleep through all this, even when I kicked him back (he then kicked me again :p).

Finally, around 3:30 he stops and I can start to doze off......and then the storm hits. Our puppy is hooked to a lead outside and hates, hates, HATES water of any sort besides when it's in her bowl for her to drink. So I go outside (since I'm awake and D's still somewhat asleep) to put her in the downstairs portion of the guest house. At first I was gonna bring her upstairs, which technically we're not supposed to do, but then I saw she'd gotten tangled around a tree and was laying in the yard so she was most likely muddy. Anyway, just as I unhook her, she yanks out of my grasp and runs up the stairs to the deck and D lets her inside. The puppy just totally and completely ignored me calling her and by then I was so fed up and moving around so much that I was wide awake.

I finally got back to sleep around 4:30am only to wake up twice more before my alarm went off.

I got enough sleep so that I wasn't all that crabby in the morning, but I was dead tired. I had D stop at a gas station on the way to take me to work so I could pick up some Vivarin. It was enough to get me through the day, but by 2pm I was draggin'.

I drank a Mt. Dew to wake me up enough for D and I to finish watching the movie Hotel Rwanda. Now he's taking a nap. I'd love nothing more than to join him right now, but if I do that'll be probably about an 80% chance I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I think I'm gonna go to sleep at 9pm tonight.

Okay, I'm done.

p.s. D said that if he gets restless like that again that I have permission to wake him up. But, he didn't say how I was supposed to wake him up. ;-) *cue evil laughter*

No comments: