Monday, February 12, 2007

looking up

Things are, as the subject line says, looking up. No job interviews as of yet, but I've gotten a couple good prospects. I applied online at Lowe's and needed to call the H.R. department to get a question answered. Through that course of events, the guy I talked to said to call him back the next day (would've been Sunday) to make sure he'd gotten my application and to see what he could do with it. Well, I called back Sunday and the person I talked to said he doesn't work the weekends usually and wouldn't be in that day. Hmmm...okay whatever. So I go to call him this morning and he's not in yet. This guy is apparently as hard to get a hold of as a wet bar of soap.

But, I'll try again in a half hour or so.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, considering I spent the previous day or so in a state of stress and frustration. Going from a three bedroom house to a one room guest house is quite difficult. But, after an afternoon/evening of cleaning and straightening up, the place is actually rather homey. D and I were good and tired last night and, after going into the main house for some taco soup and conversation, we came back out here, popped in Freaky Friday and then fell asleep at about 10:30.

The conversation was pretty cool. We were talking (well mostly D's mom was talking) about funny things kids do, antics her boys have performed when they were little, tooth fairies, etc. :-) It was a nice little evening, but I was really ready to get back to our cozy little cave.

On a totally different note, it's been way too long since I've had some chocolate. I dreamed about chocolate cake and chocolate candy last night...and Jewish people...but I soooo don't know what that was about. It's probably some freaky withdrawl I'm having from the chocolate. *grins*

That's all. :-)

No comments: