Monday, July 07, 2008

News on the job

I've been meaning to post on this, but have been way too occupied with stuff to force myself to sit here and focus on it. But, I got a comment asking about it so I figured now is as good a time as any.





I got the job. :-)



Let me give a little info. on the company. They mainly handle payment processing for credit & debit cards, electronic checks, gift cards, etc. Y'know when you slide your debit card through the little card reader machine at the grocery store? Elavon (the company I'm gonna work for) handles the information from that machine and processes the card...much like a middle man between the merchant and the banks. I'll be starting out in their incoming call center. So as far as I understand it right now, it'll be mostly people with questions about statements, verifying their transactions went through, that sorta thing.


So, after the initial interview with the temp. agency, I went in to Elavon and had like a 10 minute interview. I got asked a few standard questions and they had me listen to a phone call, and that was it for the day.

I got called back a couple days later to come in for fingerprinting. I guess because their affiliated with US Bank that their background check is a little more stringent than most. Again, I was there for about 10 minutes and was out the door. And then, a couple days later, I went to a separate facility for the drug test.

And now...I'm headed there today for training. Well, sort of. Officially I'm scheduled to start training on the 21st, but they're wanting me to come in today as a back-up in case someone doesn't show.

So...in a nutshell...I got the job. :-)

2 comments:

Dennis said...

A very large CONGRATS!!!!

Pops....

MasterQ said...

YAY!!!