Friday, June 20, 2008

Various thingies

So, my sister-in-law (yeah, she's D's, but I'm just gonna start calling her that) and I went to a sort of job interview today. She'd found an ad in the classifieds for a call-center (in-bound only) and we found out that it's actually a temp. agency hiring for a company. So, we got down there aobut 9:35 this morning and started filling out the paperwork. The lady in charge took us back to two cubicle-type rooms to do some testing and said we could finish up the paperstuffs after.

I took a test on call-center skills, 10-key, data entry, MS Outlook, MS Windows 2000, and general typing. It was alright...fairly easy for the most part, but those who know me will understand when I say that my palms were pretty sweaty the whole time and my heart was chuggin' along at a fair pace due to anxiety. But I made it through and obviously didn't die.

Tangent here, but it all ties in:
Yesterday morning, I got up in order to get ready for the original appointment to go to this temp. agency. Due to things with the sister-in-law and what she's been having to deal with, we had to postpone it. As a positive result, though, I was able to go out and help D on a 4 acre project. Unfortunately, about an hour after I got up I started feeling some pain in my back up where my shoulderblade is. It just got worse as the day went on. Then this morning, I realized that it was still a tad sore, but not very bad.

Tie in:
Midway through the testing I was doing this morning, I started feeling the pain coming back with a vengeance. By the time I was on the last couple questions of the last test I could hardly concentrate (though still think I did well on those). When we finally got done with the end interview and out to the car, I was ready to bawl my eyes out it hurt so bad.

Still, stubborn as I am, I went to work tonight....and lasted about 1 hour and 5 minutes before I was asking to go home. Thankfully they had plenty of people to close so I didn't have to feel so guilty.

It's now about 3 hours later and the pain hasn't lessened at all. I'm mainly just trying to ignore it and shift every once in a while to find a less painful position to sit in.

At first I was wondering what the hell could be wrong, but the consensus that I've gotten from some people I've talked to and from my own history, it's most likely just stress. I spent about 6 months feeling like I was dying from intense stomach pain that turned out to be stress. So...try telling someone prone to anxiety and all sorts of the same to not stress....go ahead...try it. *grins*

Anyway, I just hope I get this job. I don't wanna jinx it by explaining how great it will be yet. I'm gonna wait until (fingers crossed) I get the job.

In other news, I'm starting to feel like I've developed multiple personality disorder with this whole two-name thing. So, for those of you who might read this, I'm no longer going by Nikki. All my emails and calls will be from Danielle. Unfortunately it's not so easy at Lowe's, but (again fingers crossed) I won't be working there much longer.

So I guess that's about it for now.

Hope everyone in my state of birth is all well and good.

Danielle

3 comments:

MasterQ said...

You gonna make it official? A legal name change in court kind of thing?

Dreamer said...

No, nothing like that. That sort of thing costs money. But as far as emails and phonecalls it won't be a, "hey this is Nikki," it'll be a, "hey this is Danielle" kinda thing.

MasterQ said...

Any word on the job?