Monday, July 28, 2008

Ugh

Today definitely felt like a Monday. I didn't feel all that tired when I went into work, but within a couple hours I was so over it.

We started learning yet another new system and, instead of teaching it like they normally do, our instructor had us pair up and go through some initial things. It was alright except for the fact that I couldn't take notes. I learn/remember best when I can write things down. So, I spent half of my first break going back through everything and making notations.

By lunch, I was so ready to go home. I've started bringing my Gevalia travel mug to work (probably about a 12oz. container) and had two of those full with Cappuchino by lunch. Thankfully, though I got to talk to D over lunch break so that made me smile quite a bit...I needed that.

I grabbed another Cappuchino on my way back to class, but by 2 o'clock I was dead tired. So much so that, when I leaned my head on my hand for a second, the next thing I knew, one of my co-workers nudged my leg to wake me up. I was still hearing the instructor, but it was like a low-level buzz in my ears. At that point I finished the Mt. Dew I'd brought and said co-worker gave me a few pieces of candy to help perk me up. :-) She's a sweetheart.

All in all it was an okay day. We learned some preliminaries of how to use the phone system, too. That was quite interesting. The instructor said that tomorrow, if we have time, he'll let us play around by calling each other in the classroom. That outta be hilarious.

Well, I'm out...still gotta make dinner, possibly put clothes in the dryer, and set up my lunch for tomorrow.

Peace out

No comments: