Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow? In Tennessee??


Yup, that's right. It started late last night and continued on into this morning. It's stopped at the moment, but we're supposed to be getting more later this afternoon. At the moment we've gotten about 2 inches. There are a couple more pics on my dreammaster1984 flickr account that show the snow.
The above picture is the sight that greeted me when I stepped out on the deck this morning. That's the view of the yard between where D and I live and his Papaw's old house where his brother and sister-in-law live now.
I've been waiting for this for the last year and a half! :-) I just hope we get more.

7 comments:

Dennis said...

Thought that you would get away from it eh? Actually, except where it has been plowed into piles, we don't have much more than you. Right now MasterQ is out collecting some for your grandma Sheff's collection. Ask me.

MasterQ said...

Unfortunately, Dad and I have been sick for a couple days so neither of us had been out until tonight. It snowed a good four inches today and was freeze-raining when Gran dropped me at home.

btw, her 'collection' is three plastic containers she keeps filled with snow in her freezer for later consumption.

eww

Dreamer said...

I always knew I had a strange family. :-p

Dennis said...

We could send you some if you feel that you do not have enough? You know, little containers filled with Minnesota snow, packed in dry ice. Only for later consumption you understand.

later...

Dreamer said...

You = nut :)

Dennis said...

The sarcasms never cease:) lol

MasterQ said...

What kind of nut? I've read that Filberts do well in these northern climates, though Hickory has a nice ring to it. :)