Monday, February 18, 2008

Sickness

It's been going around. One of the girls I work with went home early on tuesday having flu stuff going on. D got sick tuesday night and on into wednesday and a little on thursday. Two more people I work with went home early on Friday. Then I got it Saturday morning. I started feeling nauseous about 20 min. before having to be at work, but it was obviously too late to call in and I didn't really think too much about it, but it just got worse after being there for about an hour.

By the time I got out of there at noon I was seriously out of it. I'd already emptied my stomach once while at work, but there were no extra people so I had to stay. D and I picked up a few things at the grocery store on the way home and then it was straight to bed for me. I'd gotten some gatorade after work to replenish all the fluids and nutrients I was losing and it, and water, were the only things I could keep down.

At the risk of TMI, here's a tip: If you're throw-uppy sick...fruit punch gatorade is the best thing to drink because it makes everything taste like fruit punch on the way back up.

So...yeah. The last few days have been hell for D and me health-wise...oh...and this place is a wreck. But, we had burgers last night and I was able to keep it all down so I think I'm about to kick this thing. Yay...just in time for work tonight. :-p

No comments: