Friday, February 22, 2008

South Minneapolis visits South Knoxville

D and I were heading to a little diner/gas station here for a bite of dinner before going to Taylor's to bottle the beer. As we pulled into the parking lot, I saw a cop car, but didn't think much of it until I noticed that the only open spot was next to another cop car. Odd, but no big.

We sat there for a minute seeing it was crowded and debating on going somewhere else when a guy that had been standing around came and knocked on the window.

Apparently (and I got the real version later on), an 18 year old guy ran into his girlfriend's ex-husband. Whatever happened it made him come to the diner (where we were going and where the girlfriend works) with a gun. He threatened a customer with the gun, but somehow it was gotten away from him. He then went out to his vehicle, came back in, and cut his own throat. In the version we heard originally, the guy died, but he ended up getting rushed to the hospital and the cut was non-life threatening.

But when we got there, they had the whole place locked down and as we were leaving yet another cop car pulled in.

It's crazy because Taylor's wife never goes there and she just happened to stop there probably an hour or so before this went on.

But, D and I are obviously alright and no one but the kid got hurt.

On another topic, we got the first 5 gallons of beer bottled. We've got 2 more 5 gallon buckets to bottle, but it got too late to finish tonight so we're gonna go back over there tomorrow.

I didn't taste any of what we've made yet, but Taylor found a couple bottles of beer he'd made like a year ago. It does end up going bad so I was a little hesitant to drink any, but I did and it tasted oh so delicious. :-)

Well, that was my night.

No comments: