Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The germs are alive...and they hate us right now

Day before yesterday we got up at around 4:00am and, during the day, D started feeling not so good. At first we thought it was just a sinus/allergy thing due to all the pollen in the air, but he was still miserable. Then, yesterday, we both woke up at about 4:30am for some reason or other and by mid-morning D was running a fever.

He slept most of the day while I played Warcraft and I felt bad that he was sick and I was just fine. I knew I probably wouldn't stay that way, what with the really close quarters we're living in, but I was hopin'.

Starting towards last night, my throat started getting scratchy feeling and I started coughing a bit more. I don't remember what time we fell asleep, but I woke up at 2:30am with full-blown congestion and pain from (it feels like) the back of my nose to the bottom of my throat; jumping into my lungs whenever I have to cough.

Unfortunately, this is my last day off before I go back to work for another week. Hopefully I can really kick this thing today cuz otherwise it'll be a call in sick for me. Now, I can understand that some people don't think a cold is something to call in sick for, but being that it's also somewhat in my lungs and I work really closely with tons of people all day...might not be a good idea exposing them all to my infectiousness.

I'm gonna go hack up a lung now.

No comments: