Tuesday, April 17, 2007

of possums and things

Last night, as D and I were about to drift off to sleep, we heard a distinct thump and the whole building shook. Needless to say I let him go check it out and was ready to grab the pistol if need be.

D came back in saying that our puppy had caught and killed a possum. Normally I'd be all for going to look at it, but I was all ready for bed, sleepy tired (since I only got about 2.5 hours of sleep the other night), and we'd seen another one (alive) fairly up close as we drove by it on the road yesterday afternoon.

So...D decided he was gonna get rid of it with a couple plastic bags. The puppy also broke her collar (the thump we heard) and she had been leashed off to the deck (why the whole building shook when she lunged after the thing). She couldn't get to the possum after we rehooked her lead to the deck so, since D remembered the phrase "playing possum" he decided it best to let it alone just in case it wasn't really dead. After all, those things are wicked mean.

It was gone this morning when he went out so it was either taken off by another dog or it wasn't really dead and he was uber smart for not messing with it.

2 comments:

MasterQ said...

About your previous post, Dad told me to ask if you've seen 'The Hills Have Eyes' or 'Hostel'.

Talk about disturbing, 'Hostel' freaked me out.

Dreamer said...

Nope, haven't seen either of those yet. I'll have to look at 'em and maybe add them to our netflix queue.