Wednesday, April 04, 2007

hate, hate, hate being sick

As you can see from the subject line, I hate being sick. D started feeling a bit better today. He's still congested and coughing here and there, but I'm pretty sure his fever is gone and he actually plans on going out and doing some field work today. Wish I could say the same for me...

I started getting a bit obsessive yesterday about what my temperature was doing. I figured if I didn't get a fever then I'd be alright to possibly go to work with the aid of cold medicine. So I took my temp around six in the morning and it was 98.8 so not too bad. Checked it a couple hours later and it was 99.4...still not too bad. Then, 'bout mid-afternoon I checked again and it was up to 100.4. Ugh. It stayed there most of the day, but in taking my temp before bed I found out it was 102.1.

With all the weird waking up at 4am we've been doing I ended up falling asleep last night during House M.D. and the two hour episode of The Shield. But of course, when it was over and actually time to go to sleep (around midnight) I couldn't fall asleep. I dozed off and on for a couple hours, but have been wide awake since 2am.

So...needless to say I'll be calling in sick to work today.

2 comments:

MasterQ said...

Sending positive thoughts your way. Dad and I both hope you feel better. Hugs from up North.

Dreamer said...

Thanks for the hugs. :)

D and I are feeling a bit better so hopefully in a day or two we'll be back to 100% (knock on wood).