Wednesday, February 01, 2006

PAIN!!!

I hate kidney stones!!

I woke up at about 8:30 this morning with searing pain in my left kidney. Every time that I've had a kidney stone it's been in my right kidney so this was rather unexpected. And, of course, I was out of the percoset they gave me last time. I was able to take some of my mom's Tylonol 4 (Tylonol with 90mg of codeine). It helped a little bit. Y'know how people sometimes say that "such and such" took the edge off the pain? Well, this didn't even take the whole edge off if that makes any sense. It very slightly dulled it a little bit.

I called my clinic and it turned out that since percoset is a narcotic pain killer, the script had to be picked up in person at the clinic and couldn't be called in to the pharmacy. So, thankfully, my mom was able to leave work at 11am (instead of 3pm), picked up my prescription, and got home by noon. By about 1:00 I was blissfully unaware of anything. My kidney still hurt, but most of the time I was dozed off. I'm sure it was partly due to the medication and partly because being in intense pain for most of the day takes a lot of energy.

I'm still in pain, but it's not too bad. I'm just hoping this thing passes on its own. I don't have insurance so if I have to go in for an ultrasound and, if it's too big, possibly surgery or something else, I'd rather have the stone kill me.

I think I'm gonna go to bed really early tonight.

Oh, and even though I'm sure you don't wanna know, in addition to the intense pain (or caused by it) I was extremely nauseous all day. I threw up three times, five if you count the two times that, after I threw up once, there was about a two minute break and then I threw up again.

No comments: