Thursday, June 16, 2005

God is so freakin' cool!!!!

I had my first day of training today. I haven't mentioned on here yet, but I got the job at SuperAmerica. Right now I'm training at the one on 47th and Cedar, but after Saturday I'll be moving to the one on 25th and Bloomington.

So, training went alright. I was sorta nervous when I started. One scary thing that happened right off what the manager, Musa (pronounced Moosa), asked if I was sure I'd been told to come in at 7am and not 8. Grrr. It was the same at Arby's. Got a little freaked out then, but made myself step back and take a deep breath. So, I filled out my paperwork (which is probably why I was told to come in at 7) and within about 10-15 minutes of watching another chick do register, I was ringing up customers on my own for the most part.

At various times during the day I had to check my anxiety and make myself mentally pause and take a deep breath to refocus. I even made mistakes and didn't totally freak out over it. Everyone was really nice, though and didn't berate me for making mistakes. Even when I'd apologize they were like, "It's alright. It's your first day. You're bound to make mistakes. Everyone does." And even the customers for the most part were really friendly. Sometimes I'd apologize for it taking so long (when I'd messed up) and they'd usually smile and say it was no problem. And it was an honest smile. Then, they were really nice when I'd explain that it was my first day. One guy was saying, "yeah that can be real nervewracking, but remember, we're just people. Just remember to breathe." :) Cool, huh?

I think it also helped that I spent most of my break praying. Mostly for myself and that God would grow me through this and use me at work; that He'd take away my anxiety and that I'd keep a smile on my face even when I didn't feel like it. But, I also prayed for my roomies and our household as a whole. All in all it was a pretty good experience. But still, despite all that, there's still some anxiety in the back of my mind. I don't know if it'd be best to ignore it so as not to let it take over or acknowledge it and let myself feel it. I'm definitely gonna keep praying about it, though.

After I got off work, I realized that I'd left my bus card at home. So I had to make a withdrawl and I bought two Monster energy drinks since they were on sale (so I'd have change for the bus). I slammed the first one cuz I was soooo thirsty. Then I pretty much slammed the second one when I got home. Now my hands are shaking uncontrollably. *laughs* That's probably one reason why this post turned out much longer than I thought it would. :)

Well, I better get going. It's 6:30 and no one's home yet. I finished doing the dishes, but I think I'm gonna try to find something else to do and use up all this energy.

Hope God is blessing and encouraging you all.

dreamer

No comments: