Monday, June 20, 2005

First official day

Today was my first day at the SuperAmerica on 25th and Bloomington. Three words....Bullet Proof Glass. One of my roommates isn't too cool with the fact that they have it (need it) there, but hey, what can ya do.

I was having a bit of anxiety for most of the day. I went shopping with my mom and bought work clothes and some tennis shoes. I'm on my feet for pretty much the whole 8 hours I'm at work so I needed better shoes (although my feet still hurt soooooooo bad right now). My mom said she'd drop me off at work and, when we got there, I started to cry. I didn't wanna work cuz of the anxiety I was feeling, but I wanted to be able to work. I HATE anxiety!!! But, it worked out for the most part.

I was originally scheduled for 4pm - 11pm, but was asked if I could come in at 3 instead. Of course I said it wouldn't be a problem. I didn't leave until about 1am. They usually have three people working second shift, but it was just me and a guy named Yonas. So, we had to wait until close to restock most of the stuff.

Oh, funny thing (well, depends on what one finds funny), within a couple hours of being there, Yonas had to close his bullet proof window and call security cuz some guy was being really beligerant to both of us. The guy left me alone for the most part after I told him it was my first day and I couldn't really do anything about his complaint. But...um...yeah.

Cool thing was that Yonas gave me a ride home. I grew up not far from there and I wonder if David (the asst. manager) is being a little dramatic when he describes how bad the neighborhood is, but I was still thankful for the ride. I wasn't really looking forward to walking six blocks at 1am and then waiting for a bus on Lake St. for who knows how long.

Anyway, I better leave it at that. I'm eating Ramen noodles and then I'm gonna go to bed.

If you could, pray for me that God takes away my anxiety, helps me keep a smile on my face when dealing with people, that I'd remember the stuff I'm being taught, and that He'd use me.

dreamer

No comments: