Friday, March 26, 2010

Various things

I woke up at 3am Tuesday morning and could barely get out of the bed my back was hurting so bad. I got my ice pack and sat in my chair for a bit, but started hurting worse so I layed back down in the bed. It helped for a bit, but by 7am I was hurting just as bad again. The pain was mainly in my lower back, but it hurt so much that it felt like it was in my left side, too so I was worried it might be kidney stones. At 9:30 or so D and I decided that we should probably go to the emergency room since I couldn't hardly move without bawling my eyes out.

They gave me a shot of pain killer and muscle relaxer at the ER, but couldn't find anything really wrong so they gave me a prescription for a pain killer and muscle relaxer and sent me home. I felt a little better later that day and Wednesday, but yesterday was back to hurting pretty badly. I think it was just cuz I made the mistake of going halvsies on the pain killer instead of taking the whole thing.

I woke up today at 7am and took another dose of the meds and was actually able to fall back asleep for an hour or so. While I still hurt, the pain is now centered around my tailbone instead of all over. The last time I was at the chiropractor, we looked at my x-rays and it showed that my tailbone as a serious curve to it. I know it's supposed to have somewhat of a curve, but mine is pretty outta whack and it flairs up now and again (which is why I have a butt donut to sit on in my computer chair. So, hopefully things will start working themselves out over the next couple of days.

In other news, I made a kickass peach crisp last night. D's mom had given me a can of peach pie filling sometime last week and rather than eat it straight out of the can (and gain 20 lbs.) I started looking at recipes I could use it for. D went to the store Wednesday and got the stuff we were missing and I ended up combining a couple recipes. It was basically the can of peach pie filling and a can of peaches for the base and then the topping was flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, oatmeal, and butter. We didn't have any ice cream or cool whip so we brought it into the house and shared it with D's parents in exchange for the use of their ice cream and cool whip. I was worried it wouldn't turn out well since it's the first time I've ever made it, but everyone had two helpings of it. :-D Everyone was in agreement that with the amount of crumb topping that it could've used another can of peaches, but it was still uber delish. D's mom even took some to give to his Aunt...and she wants the recipe so she can make it and take to her church. I think she also mentioned something about me making it for the Easter family get together. Yay!

Oooh...I've also gotten a lead on a potential job. D's friend found out that the place his brother works at is hiring. From what I understand it's kind of an assembly line type of position at a place that makes eyeglasses. It's third shift and it'd be around 11 hour days, but it's only Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and it pays $10-$12 an hour plus full insurance. It also doesn't require any kind of customer interaction so I think I'd be perfect for it. I've got the phone number and am planning on calling them today and hopefully setting up either an interview or at least filling out an application on Monday (another reason why I need my back to get better).

So...yeah. I think that's pretty much all that's going on here right now. D's got a couple projects in limbo right now. It's just been so rainy that we haven't been able to get to any of them.

Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: