Monday, March 22, 2010

Can't think of a title

I would've posted this sooner, but I could barely lift my hands to the keyboard yesterday from being so sore. Let me explain.....

So last Friday D went out with his friend Tim to do some yardwork type stuffs. I was supposed to go help, but I woke up with a migraine so bad it left me bedridden for a few hours with a hot pack over my eyes and forehead. It finally went away around 1:30pm or so, but my head was tender most of the day. It hurt like you wouldn't believe, but it's been over a year since I've had one that bad so I'm at least thankful for that.


Saturday, D headed out again with Tim around 9am and then Tim's wife, kids, and I joined them after lunch and we knocked out four really bad yards. I definitely got my workout. Lots of raking, using a 25-30 lb. tamper (which feels closer to 50 lbs. after a while...and then 100 lbs.), some spreading of mulch (50 lb. bag), spreading grass seed, fertilizer, and hay. Thankfully, having four and a half people helping (the two kids count as a half lol ), we got those four jobs done in about three and a half hours.

Afterwards, since we were pretty much out of topsoil and Tim needed to gas up his truck, we stopped at the gas station and he got everyone an Icee. I wasn't gonna get one, but Tim's wife told me he can write it off as a business expense so I got a Mt. Dew Icee. Oh boy did I need it. I think if I didn't have that quick sugar/caffeine boost, I probably would've nodded off on the 15 min. ride back to the house. It was also a good thing we weren't going to do any more jobs because on the way back to the house Tim and D heard a loud clunk and saw the temp. gauge hit red almost instantly. Getting back to the house, he lifted the hood and a big plume of smoke came out. They found out that the bracket for the alternater had broken and the alternator was laying against the radiator.

But, all in all, it was a good day. I heard Tim was quite pleased with the work I did. And, even though D and I were both quite sore, it was a good kind of sore. Still, there was much icy hot and aleve taken later that night. hehe

Sunday morning I woke up and, while my arms didn't hurt too much as I had stretched them out when we got home the previous evening, my thighs, hips, lower back, shoulders, and neck were quite achy. The ice pack fixed my back, icy hot helped the neck and shoulders, and limping around a little like I was 90 years old loosened everything else. I'm pretty much good as new. I was actually looking forward to possibly working with Tim again today, but it rained last night so everything is too wet. Also, unless he can borrow someone else's truck, we won't be doing anything until his own truck is fixed.

So, that was my weekend. Oh, and it's been pretty much in the low to mid 60s for the past few days and I think it hit close to 67 on Saturday. Yes, I went out in capris, short sleeves, and flip flops. I think spring is finally here.

No comments: