Saturday, August 08, 2009

Harper's Island

The title of the post is a show D and I have been watching off and on for the past couple weeks or so. I think, considering what happens, it was more of a short story than an actual tv series.

Lemme just say...it was quite icky!

It's about a guy and girl going back to an island to get married where the guy spent summers as a kid. Murders start happening again (7 years after a previous rampage of murders).

I don't wanna give away the ending, but it's definitely trippy.

I think we spent the whole series, up until the last few episodes, saying who the killer was. You don't end up knowing until the last few episodes. And, like I said...it's icky. Not for the squeamish and not for those prone to violence. Lots of blood and gore...made me jump a few times.

There's one time (I think the second to last episode) that I yelped/sqealed and made D jump. I would've been more scared if I hadn't been so amused that he jumped. *grins*

But, also, just like a typical horror movie...the people in it are quite stupid.

"Let's go into the dark scary tunnels where the killer is...our friends are there and we can help" ... (like it worked so well last time)

"Let's split up...we can cover more ground." (Like the last time you did that and someone got killed.)

At the end, I think D and I were both glad it was over, but it was fairly entertaining.


On another note...we got two new movies on Netflix. One was League of Extraordiary Gentlemen (I think my folks had that on dvd and I've watched it a few times) and the other was The Departed with Matt Damon, Leonardo Decaprio (sp?), and Mark Whalberg (sp?). The latter was a fairly good movie. Quite long at about 2 1/2 hours, but really good. Gory and lot's of people getting shot in the head, though (mafia movie).

Anyway...as far as other things...I've put in job applications at Food City, Kroger, Walmart, Smoky Mountain Wine and Liquor, and the Knox County Zoo. Hopefully something will pan out.

*fingers crossed*

No comments: