Tuesday, August 05, 2008

today and tomorrow

Today, from 11am until noon, we all took test calls from various trainers outside the classroom. It was rather nervwracking at first, but by the end I'd decided that it hadn't been as bad as I thought it'd be.

I got three calls total. Two of 'em I kinda messed up on, but the other I did pretty well. I also found out that I say "alright" a lot when I'm confirming information. On the first call...well, I'd have to give a ton of background info, but mainly, I filled out a form requesting equipment pick-up when I didn't need to. I filled out the form perfectly, but in that specific case, the form wasn't needed.

But, tomorrow, we take real calls from real merchants. I'm pretty nervous. They've paired us up with another person in the training class, so one will take the calls in the morning while the other helps and then after lunch we'll switch out. Come Friday, though, we'll be on the floor taking calls like everyone else, with the exception that our "managers" will be the transition trainers instead of the actual floor managers.

Other than that, I've got about 5 more weeks of an 8am-4:30pm shift and then I move to my 10am-6:30pm shift. I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to that. No more 6am wake-ups for this chickie.

One cool thing, though, the only real anxiety I felt today was about 5 min. before we started taking practice calls. I seriously felt like breaking down in tears and running to the bathroom to throw up. Other than that, it was just general nervousness. *grins* We'll see how I do tomorrow.

In other news, my back has been doing pretty well. No real pain except for some tightness when I wake up in the morning and lingering tightness when it's been a couple days between chiropractic visits.

Also, I heard on the news yesterday that Morgan Freeman was in a car accident. Last I'd heard, he was driving home and allegedly ran off the road. He had a broken arm and shoulder, but I haven't heard anything further.

I hope he's alright since he's one of my favorite actors.

No comments: