Thursday, August 07, 2008

Alrighty then

Yesterday went pretty fair. Paul (my partner on calls) and I did rock, paper, scissors to decide who was taking calls first. Even though I won, I could tell he REALLY didn't wanna go first. I also wanted to get mine out of the way so I took calls in the am portion of class. It was pretty cool...definitely a learning experience as I realized some things I messed up on. Nothing drastic thankfully.

I also got a call from a merchant that is requiring continued follow-up. My very first follow up call. :-)

So today, we were all taking calls on our own. No more partners. Yesterday I took a total of 11 calls and today I think I was at 14 calls. Oh, and I got my very first angry caller. It's cool because even though it rattled the hell outta me, I can't remember what she called about. Normally I'd stew over it for days at a time.

The lady ended up, after repeated attempts to offer solutions and try to help her, she asked for a supervisor so I just transferred the call. It was the third time she'd called in so I can't blame her. In explaining to said supervisor what the issue was and what I'd told her, the supervisor said I'd done everything right. I still needed to take a little personal break after that to pull myself together, but I got right back on the phones. No nervous breakdown for this girl. X-D

We had a class on a new service we're offering and then after lunch we got back on the phones. I was able to do a lot of calls without having to ask the trainers for help so I'm pretty proud of myself.

I did have another caller, the bank rep was actually calling in, but brought the merchant on in a three-way call. Sufficed to say, the merchant was pretty upset. She'd canceled her account, but was still getting billed. Someone else had already submitted a request for a refund so there was really nothing I could do. While I was still a bit un-nerved, it didn't affect me nearly as much as that first caller. Yay for me.

And...drumroll please...I get my own desk tomorrow! I'm a teensy bit nervous about not being in the same room with people that can help with me just raising my hand, but I'm sure it'll be alright.

On another note, I had a lot of people yesterday and today that thanked me profusely for my help and said I did a very good job. *insert excited squeal here*

1 comment:

MasterQ said...

So how's it all going? You get promoted yet?