Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update on puppy

So, yesterday D dropped me at work and then took the puppy to the vet. I would much rather have gone with him instead of sitting at work wondering what was going on. But, at about 5:30 or so D called and said that everything checked out alright and the vet didn't seem too concerned about rabies or anything.

We've still got the coon in a cat carrier so we're keeping an eye on both it and the puppy for a while. The coon seemed really sluggish yesterday and the day before so D and I are thinking it's probably sick, but the sister-in-law thinks it might be a momma about to have pups. She'd found evidence of a next in a brush pile at the back of the property, but no babies in it. I guess it could be a possibility that the coon is pregnant, but that still doesn't explain why it was out in the day time. The only two reasons are that it's a momma just had her pups and gone out to find food or it's sick. Since there weren't any baby coons in the nest, I'm leaning more towards the sick option. But, we'll just have to wait and see.

4 comments:

Dennis said...

I was trying to think of some WISE remark to say about Nikki and trees but I just couldn't think of one! What's a next? :) :) lol. Great pics, now I remember how great the puppy is. Love to all!!
later....

Dennis said...

Weird,.,.,. went back to look at your blog to see the comment and noticed that it showed 11:37 P.M.? Actually here it was 1:37 A.M. duh
later later.....

Dennis said...

OK! It's Feb how is the puppy? Hope she is good. Also how is daughter? I'm just older.

MasterQ said...

Recently heard about the tornadoe(s) thru TN, hope all are safe and sound.