Wednesday, January 09, 2008

And now a word from our sponsor

I thought, in the spirit of Buddah Pest's blog, that I'd let our new kitty Calli say a few words.


Hi big people. As my mommy told you, they say my name is Calli. The big people at the place I stayed before mommy and daddy got me called me Christin, but I think I like Calli much better. I'm actually starting to pay attention a little when they say my name. Although, right now, I'm not sure if my name is Calli or Calli-no.

Mommy and daddy say that my personality is starting to come out in a big way. I admit that I was really shy when I first got here. My favorite place was under the bed and mommy seemed to know that if she couldn't see me anywhere, that's where I was. She was really nice and let me stay there, but sometimes daddy would pull me out and set me on the bed. It seemed mean at first because I always went back under the bed, but it's not really so bad. And, once I was sure mommy and daddy were keeping me and that there was nothing out there that would eat me up, I got quite a bit braver. Now the only time I'm under the bed is for nap time. Oh, and daddy still sometimes pulls me out even when I've just been sleeping.

Now, a couple of my favorite places is on daddy's or mommy's lap while they sit in front of the computers (I think that's what mommy called it). They sit there for a long time and they don't mind if I sit with them for as long as I want. I like it because I can watch while they make things move on the screen. I tried jumping at it once, but daddy got mad and put me on the floor. It made me sad for a minute, but then I found out how fun it was to play with the string on daddy's jacket. He didn't seem to mind that as much.

The one thing that this kitty isn't quite sure about yet is that big, white, furry thing that lives outside. Sometimes she comes in, but that's when I go back to my under-the-bed hiding spot. It's WAYYYYY too big to be a kitty so I think it's like those other non-kitties at the place I was at before. I got a little brave last night and went outside with mommy and daddy. I walked around on the big wooden thing outside the door where the non-kitty was laying. I even went as close as two of me put together...but then she moved and I got scared and ran back inside. She doesn't act like she's gonna eat me up, but I'm still not gonna get any closer to that mouth full of teeth. It looks big enough to swallow me in one gulp.

Oh and I found out that I have uncles at my mommy's mommy's house.... three of them; Uncle Buster, Uncle Rocky, and Uncle Dizzy. I hope I can meet them one day.

Well, I think I'm gonna go run around the room some more. Say hi to all your kitties for me.

1 comment:

MasterQ said...

Hello Calli, this is your mommy's sister's kitty Pumpkin. Since your Uncle dizzy has trouble using the keyboard, he asked that I write for him. He says he's thrilled that you like your new family and it's always great when one of us finds a good home with the 'big people'.

He asked me to tell you that he's actually living with me and my mommy and that you have another Uncle, Max, who is the third musketeer to your Uncles Buster and Rocky. So you have four Uncles! Pretty cool, huh?