Monday, October 22, 2007

Various things

In work related news, I'm having to make the decision as to whether to increase my hours at Lowe's to full-time, find another part-time job while still working at Lowe's, or find a job I like better and try and get on full-time there. Problem is, due to budget constraints at Lowe's (why they've cut my hours enough to force me into this decision making process in the first place) even if I asked to be made full-time it probably wouldn't go into effect for at least a couple more weeks. And, I'm not sure what else I'd want to do. There's a daycare near here that's hiring full-time people, but I haven't figured out if I wanna go that route or not.

Other than that, there's not much going on. One of D's brothers, his wife (Lisa), and their kids have moved out here to "the old homestead". There's a few acres of land here where D's parents and Poppy's (D's dad) sister-in-law live. D and I are in the guest building behind the parent's house and and then a few months ago, while they remodel or sell their house, the brother's family moved into the house that Poppy's parents lived in . I thought I'd have a harder time of it since I haven't really spent much time around them and there's been some tension between me and Lisa (long story). But it's been pretty cool. D, Lisa, and I have hung out here and at their place quite a bit and the other night Lisa, the kids, and I went to Walmart to do some shopping. That stressed me a little cuz the youngest is a complete chatterbox, but it was still cool. It was quite interesting having both her and the teenager asking my advice on jewelry and nail polish. It's funny because that is sooooo not me, but they seemed to accept it. I felt oddly Aunt-ish. *grins*

Anyway, I think D and I are headed out to do some work stuffs so I better keep this short. That's really all that's going on anyway. :-)

4 comments:

MasterQ said...

Maybe the "Aunt-ish" advice is a sign for you to go for a job at the day-care place, you have always been the better with kids. Just a thought.

MasterQ said...

So how was Thanksgiving with the new Fam?

MasterQ said...

"Well," she said feeling neglected, "let's see if this gets a response." Having not heard anything for months, she began wondering if some horrendous disaster had befallen her younger sister.

Not to be dramatic or anything but, you are still alive, right?

Right?

Dreamer said...

Yup, still alive.