Monday, October 08, 2007

Camping Trip!!

D and I got back yesterday from our first couples camping trip. It was an experience to say the least. Our friends Pat and Becca were there, then Pat's sister-in-law and her son, and Becca's sister and her husband came. D and I got there a little after 6pm on Friday and the rest of 'em showed up around 9 or so.

Pat and Becca brought their two dogs and Becca's sister brought hers so our puppy had to deal with that. She wasn't thrilled, but things went better than expected. She only snapped at one of them when he got too close to me wanting some attention. Our puppy is VERY possessive of her people...and she seemed to think everyone there was "her people."

We all mainly just hung out around the fire, but we did go on a hike Saturday afternoon. After the hike D and I stayed at camp while everyone else went to the nearby lake to go swimming. Just before they left, as I was sitting at the fire, I felt this weird sting/burn on my arm. I thought that some embers from my cigarette had fallen and burned my arm when I layed it down on my lap although there wasn't any mark on my arm. Within a few seconds it started itching really bad and a bump the size of a nail head popped up on my arm. It could still have been a burn but it was hard and still itched. I showed it to D and a couple others and they figured it was something called a Sweat Bee (never heard of it). They don't usually bite until you try to pick them off or squash 'em. It was gone within about 20 minutes, but it was really weird.

Anyway, it was a pretty uneventful weekend overall, but it was fun. Both of us are definitely looking forward to it happening again soon. In fact, I think we're gonna try and talk Pat and Becca into one more fall camping trip before Becca has her baby.

So, that's what I did this weekend...(and why I didn't reply to your email until now, dad). :-)

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Yes I did get your e-mail. You're forgiven for having a good time, as if you care :) I know it is great to get away from the routine of day to day activities. Give D my best, write at you soon!

Dreamer said...

Thanks daddy-o. *grins*