Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bathroom antics and privacy

Okay so I know you don't want to hear about my personal bathroom habits so I won't disgust you with those. :-)

What I will say is that privacy is an issue around here. Think studio apartment, but smaller. Upstairs is a one room bedroom with a bathroom. Downstairs is accessed by the outside deck and is a kitchen, bathroom, laundry room. Obviously, we live upstairs. So, bathroom use is, since we had the baby, always done with the door open (to be able to hear her cry, so she can see us, etc.) The only time I'm able to have privacy is if she's sleeping and D is gone. Otherwise, no privacy. It wears on a person.

So, that's all for the subject post. As an update, we took Bucket in for her 9 month checkup. She only had to get one shot thankfully. Unfortunately, she was very sleepy and had only been able to nap for about 5min. before the nurse came in with the shot. Although, after the appt., her grandmother (Giggy) and I went to IHOP for lunch and she did awesome. She did sleep for two hours after we got home, though.

BTW, her stats at her appointment were: Length - 26in. Weight - 17lb. 7oz. Head Circumference - 18 in.

They said she was a bit underweight for her age/size, but she's been a lot more active lately so they weren't too surprised. She's not technically crawling yet, but she scoots backwards on her belly. She does crawl some on the bed, but she also pulls herself into a standing position (using her daddy and I) on the bed.

I still can't believe she's almost a year old. Just three more months. It seems only yesterday that I was cradling her in my arms to put her to sleep. Now, I've got to lay down with her in our bed. Yes, she co-sleeps with us and I know a lot of people have issues with that, but screw it. I love it. I love being able to cuddle my baby while I sleep. I love waking up to her head in the crook of my elbow and her legs thrown over my arm. When she fusses, all I've got to do is roll over, plop her paci in her mouth, and cuddle her...as opposed to getting out of bed (to walk across the room to her crib [yes she has one]) and stay there until she falls back asleep, hopefully.

In other news...she's eating very well. While, like I said, she was a bit underweight, she loves all her foods that she's tried. Peas, green beans, squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, peaches, apple sauce, pears, and bananas. Obviously, she likes the fruits the best, but she still likes the veggies, which is awesome as we're a heavy veggie eating family. We just recently started her on veggie/meat mixtures and, while she's not sure about them, she still likes to eat them.\

As far as a sippy cup goes...she's not quite ready for it yet. We're trying, but she seems to like and do better with an actual cup...kinda like she tries to crawl, but likes standing and us helping her walk around better. I think she might be a bit advanced for her age. :-)

Well...that's about it on her. She's a healthy happy baby...the pediatrician said so (like I needed her to tell me that).

Anywho...I think, most days, I love being a mom! :-)

No comments: