Friday, February 20, 2009

Fantastical dinner

Since I was way too tired last night and this morning to even contemplate making a post, I'll do so now.

I just have to brag about the absolutely delicious dinner that D and I made last night.

1. Smoked salmon. My mom got D and I a smoker two christmases ago. We'd used it probably four or five times before one day, after washing the glass lid to it, the lid literally blew up in our dish drainer. I don't know if I posted about it, but it was aweful. Not only did we have glass all over the bathroom (our makeshift downstairs dish-washing area), in the sink, and the toilet...we also had it all over the rest of the room. Thankfully, I'd almost shut the door to go upstairs when we heard the crash so no one got hurt. But anyway, my mom sent us her smoker a couple months ago since she doesn't use it...so we have a new lid again.

I'm not sure what D used to season it, but it was oh so delish.

2. Microwave taters and onions. Again, not sure what he used to season with besides pepper and rosemary, but mmmm mmmm yummy!

3. Cabbage. We used a glass casserole dish with a half head of cabbage (1/4 for each) and seasoned it with a healthy dose of butter, Tiger salt, garlic powder, and paprika. It was so juicy and tender and by far the best cabbage we've put together.

4. Brown rice. Nothing special done here, but it was the bed for the salmon.

The taters were kind of the odd thing out. I was half-way done with my cabbage, salmon, and rice before I'd even touched my taters. Still...all in all, a VERY tasty meal.

No comments: