Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It be cold

It seems like only a couple days ago that it was hitting 90 degrees and I dreaded going out in anything other than capris, t-shirt, and flip flops. Right now, it's about 58 degrees and windy as all hell. (well, technically I don't think hell is windy and if it is then its blowing hot air, but I digress)




I think I teared up once I realized that I had to forgo my trusty flip flops in exchange for tennis shoes or boots. And, I had to bring up the long sleeve shirts, sweaters, and jackets that had been stored downstairs. :-(




Anyway, in other news, I have pictures.




1. The last couple times D and I have gone to the store, we've passed up our usual Southpaw beer brand for a mix 'n' match deal that Food City has. You pick six beers for $9 and change. It's been pretty cool. The first time I got a Dos Equis, Black Lager (sammy adams), and an Irish Red Lager (not sure what company). They were all pretty good, but I realized I liked the Dos Equis less than I used to.




Then, this last time we went, I got a Winter Lager (sammy adams), and 2 German beers. I've only had one so far and it was yummy good. Here's a picture of the label.






It tastes very similar, but milder, to what D and I brewed with his friend Taylor back in early March.



2. I have a crazy cat. Seems no matter what kinds of pets I get, they always turn out to be a little off in the head.


Please excuse the mess, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity for this picture. That's our cat Calli with her head inside an empty dog treat box. I think she was trying to get the few leftover crumbs that were still inside it.

Well, that's all for now.

Ciao

3 comments:

MasterQ said...

Oh, boo-hoo. :( Up here (in the frozen North) today's high was only 50°. Maybe you could mail us some warm temps. Better yet, use e-mail, they'll get here faster.

Dennis said...

I can tell winter is coming on! Not much to blog about except BEER!
In other news I've put off the second kidney surgery, the eyesight has been getting worse. A little secondary cataract problem. A week ago I had the left eye lasered and tomorrow (Wed) I will have the right eye done. The difference is like looking through a clean window and a dirty window. Blah, blah, blah.

Pops...

MasterQ said...

We have finally hit negative temps (-5 today).

And speaking of pets that are off in the head... Remember how Rocky would stand on his hind feet and paw at Mom for attention? Now he's taken to chewing on her shirt if the paw technique doesn't work.