Monday, December 24, 2007

Warning: Potentially Long Post

I don't know if I've ever wanted the Christmas season to be over as much as I have this year. A big part of it I think is that this is the first year I've worked in retail during this time. It bites... I had to open Saturday morning and from 7am until about 9:45 it was as dead as dead could be. There were maybe a dozen or so people that came through the checkouts. Anyway, one minute there were maybe 2 people in line at other registers and before I knew it all four of the self-checkouts (where I usually work) were being used and there were about 3 people waiting in line. Plus, there were 3-4 people at the other three registers that were open (one of which was being run by a non-cashier person). I swear, I didn't get to stand still for more than 2 seconds from then until I left at 12:15. Glad that's over anyway...I'm off now until the day after Christmas.

On the upside, I already know what D is getting me for Christmas. We picked her out last Friday and get to take her home today. :-) Curious yet?

After that hectic few hours of work Sat. morning, D picked me up and asked if I could hold off on lunch for a bit. I asked him what was up, but he wouldn't tell me. We ended up at an animal shelter in downtown Knoxville. He knows how much I love animals and I thought we were just gonna look around. We went in and the lady at the counter asked what she could help us with. D pipes up and says, "We're looking to adopt a kitten." Say what?! I just looked at him open-mouthed.

I'd had my heart set on getting a boy kitten, but the only one there was a 9wk old girl kitten. D and I sat in a private room with her for about a half-hour after which we decided she was the one. :-) Adoption fees included her shots and getting spayed so that's why we couldn't bring her home that day. But....*drumroll*....we're picking her up today at 4pm. Yay!

D and I have been toying around with names (which is really hard when you've only spent 45 min. with the furball...hey that's a good name), but I think I've kinda settled on Lucy......or Jasmine.

If I ever get all the pictures downloaded off my camera, I'll try to put a picture up of her.

In other news, one of D's brothers has come back into town for dinner this evening and then I think we're doing presents in the morning.

Think that's about it....is it 4 o'clock yet? :-p

3 comments:

Dennis said...

Dropped you an e-mail just before I read this. Is this new furrrr ball a pet or a snack for the puppy? :}

pops

MasterQ said...

About time you got a kitty. Cats have been a part of our family forever and not having one is just wrong.

Dreamer said...

Ha ha ha...snack for the puppy my behind. Ironically, when D and I were thinking up names, he said, "Puppy Treat." Not too happy was I.

As for about time...I agree. :)