Tuesday, August 28, 2007

D and I got back from vacation a little before 11am yesterday. That's how these people screw you...check-in isn't until 3pm and check-out is at 10am.

Anyway, the trip was awesome. We got there exactly at 3 and were in the hottub within about 5 minutes after unpacking our food stuffs. We hadn't even taken the suitcase into the bedroom (we didn't even decide which room we wanted to sleep in until actual bed time).

We just kinda putzed around the first day...in and out of the hottub, finished watching the movie Black Snake Moan (very cool movie btw), and I relaxed in the jacuzzi while he watched some tv. And my oh my was that bed ever comfortable. I've realized that the bed we have now, while cushy and comfy, is a little too cushy for my back. I had hardly any pain in my back when I'd wake up in the morning while we were there.

So, on Sunday, our friends Pat and Becca came up. They're so incredibly cool. Becca is hilarious and had me in stitches most of the time. I almost spewed the beer I was drinking when she said something off the wall, which I can't even remember now. *shrugs* I also had my first experience with moonshine. Becca had gotten some from a guy she used to work with so we all (with the exception of Becca, since she's preggo and all) partook of that wicked brew. I'd had a shot of vodka and got a nice little buzz off of it, but that moonshine knocked me on my butt.

They were debating on staying the night, but Pat had to be up for work in the morning so they decided to go back.

On a side note...my stomach didn't hurt the whole weekend. It felt a little funny Monday morning, but went away fairly soon. Unfortunately, the pain is somewhat back. It hurt off and on Monday and today so I'm pretty sure most of what's going on is stress related. I mean, if I had ulcers it wouldn't really matter whether I was stressed out or not at any particular time...it'd just hurt, right? And, if it was gall stone related, it'd be the same, correct?

But, anyways, after we got back yesterday we stopped over at Pat and Becca's so I could borrow the latest and last :-( Harry Potter book. D has to be out most of the afternoon and I can't go so I'm gonna see how much I can knock out while he's gone.


In other news, did you hear that Owen Wilson apparently attempted suicide yesterday?

1 comment:

Dennis said...

the quote is from Fern Gully (the bat) we all know that as the four of us saw it (pre-Matthew) HA
where did you go on Vac.?