Wednesday, January 03, 2007

better late than never

I won't go into detail about Christmas since it's, like, after New Years, but I'll say a few words about it. In a nutshell...it was cool. D and I went over to his parent's house on Christmas Eve and had food, opened presents...y'know, the usual.

We spent Christmas day here and just hung out and opened presents around 2pm or so. We also watched South Park the movie that D got from his mom for Christmas.

New Years was no big thing for us. We stayed here at home and drank a little bit. Surprisingly enough, not as much as we've done in the past, but that was completely okay with me considering a recent vodka fiasco we had.

In other news, both D and I are attempting to quit smoking. Not a New Years resolution really...more of a "let's save money" resolution. He's been a smoker since he was about 12 and so have I off and on. I'd quit for a few months before I moved here, but considering how stressful it was, it wasn't too difficult to pick up the habit. Fairly recently, D and I were spending over $50 a week on smokes. So, instead of buying by the carton, we're buying by the pack and the cheapest, nastiest tasing cigarettes we can find. Considering that we were up to about 4 packs a day between the two of us and the last pack we bought lasted us over a day, we're doing pretty good so far.

Unfortunately, we've already experienced the irritation that comes with trying to quit smoking. I didn't really snap at him yesterday, but we got into it a little. And then this morning, we had a neighbor complain about our puppy barking at him and I could tell D was getting quite stressed out.

In addition to that stress, I'm looking for a part-time job and he's considering canning his business and going back to work for someone else. Plus, we're still considering moving to another place. I just hope the stress and irritation of quitting smoking ends before we end up at each other's throat.

No comments: