Thursday, October 12, 2006

me = domestic (surprisingly enough)

D commented yesterday that he was very pleased with my new-found domestication. In the past week I've made two loaves of banana bread, made an improvised chicken parmesean (made with chicken patties) that was oh so delish, and we got a crock pot the other day and I cooked roast in it with potatoes, onions, tomatoes, and carrots.
In addition to that, I'm doing all the laundry, sweeping, mopping, making the bed, dishes, vacuuming, and general cleaning. Up until I moved here with D, the most I'd ever done is the dishwasher, an occasional meal (mostly boxed, but some crock pot stuff), and maybe some vacuuming once in a while.I'm pretty darn proud of myself. :)

2 comments:

MasterQ said...

Look at you, all Betty Crocker meets Martha Stewart. Like one of those pretty-pink women from the fifties who were always showing off the 'House of the Future'. Just teasin', glad you are happy in your new-found abilities.

Dreamer said...

Ha ha. You're so funny. :p

Oh, and no way I'd show off the house to anyone but family, and even then, I'd have to sweep and probably mop just before they came over.

Our puppy has long shaggy fur so when she goes outside she seems to always get leaves stuck on her, which of course wait until she's inside to come off. Plus, she sheds, so I can sweep and by the next evening, there's fur on the floor again. It's crazy, I tell ya. Crazy! *grins* But I wouldn't trade it for the world...although world domination would be pretty kick ass. ;)