Sunday, October 22, 2006

babies!!

Okay, well a baby and no, I'm not having one.

Last night D and I went to a birthday party for Poppy (his dad). It was mostly old friends of his and second cousins and such, but all three of D's brothers were there and the wives of the two married ones.

I hung out with D, his oldest brother, and one of the wives of another brother. Apparently, that's what usually happens at these shindigs. Those three hang out while the others mingle.

Oh, one of the brothers had brought a tv and set it up so we could watch the rest of the football game. The Vols won by three points. Yay!!

So anyway, Lisa, the wife we were hanging out with had her neice for the weekend. She's like 8 months old or something I think. And she is such a chubby cheeked cutie! Pretty much once I had a hold of her there was no gettin' her away from me. We were out by the field for the party and it was a little chilly out so she was bundled up in her onesie (sp?), with her little Vols jacket on and a snowman lap throw wrapped around her. I swear she had her weight doubled by all the clothing.

The other wife ended up coming over (magnet to babies) so I gave the kid up for a bit. Then, after the party, we went over to Lisa's for a bit and I got to hold the baby again, feed her, and play with her. I'd bounce my leg a bit and she'd go nuts wigglin' around and hopping up and down on my leg. She'd have the strangest expression on her face when she'd look at D. I think it might've been the facial hair. ;-) But not too long later he was getting grins and giggles out of her.

So, yay for me, I've gotten my baby fix for a while. :-)

3 comments:

MasterQ said...

Plan on any little ones of your own anytime soon?
(Don't let the new handle throw you. It's me, Amy.)

Dreamer said...

Hehe...no. *grins* No babies for D and I anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Updates, girl! I craaaaave updates.