Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Downtown Saint Paul

I hate downtown Saint Paul. I had to take the bus to my church's midweek service yesterday, which involves taking a bus downtown and then catching another bus into uptown. Let's just say I'm glad I left early.

I got downtown no problem. But, I couldn't for the life of me find the street that I needed to be on to catch my next bus. I must've walked about three miles up and down 6th street. I was supposed to catch the 21 bus on 6th st. and Jackson and I just couldn't find Jackson. Finally I started asking people, which in and of itself is scary, and that just added to the scariness of not knowing where the heck I was. It all turned out okay, though. I was at the transit station on 6th and Cedar (don't remember if it was Cedar St. or Cedar Ave.) and I saw it had a schedule for the 21. So I walk around a little more and I'm getting frustrated cuz I can't find where the 21 stops. Just as I turn around to go back into the transit station, I see the 21 coming down the street. Yay!! I was elated, to say the least. What an adventure.

Of course then, when I was on the way home, I got off the bus downtown again. The next bus I needed to catch didn't come for another 40 minutes so I, being the extremely intelligent and impatient person that I am, decided to start walking. I walk about two miles or so down Robert Street until I get to spot where I don't recognize anything. The bus took a little detour down Cesar Chavez street and I couldn't remember which way. But, instead of wandering around lost (it's about 11pm by this time), I decided to walk back on Robert the way I came until I get back to a bus stop. I got to the stop just as the bus was pulling up (thank you God!). Turns out I went the wrong way down Cesar Chavez. And, now I have a couple blisters on my feet. Happy happy joy joy.

Well, today, when I looked at my schedule again, it says 6th st. and Jackson/Robert. That makes me think that Jackson is the same as Robert St. But, rather than get ticked off, I'll just see the positive that I got exercise yesterday..... A LOT of exercise.

No comments: