Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Another day

So today was pretty laid back (in other words...boring as hell!) Well, technically I suppose hell wouldn't be boring. But I digress.

Spent most of the day reading blogs again. Peter you are one disturbed individual. You go boy!! I watched a seriously disturbing movie with Dennis Hopper in it. It's called Spreading Ground and I got it for $3.00 at Wal-Mart. Now, I've heard a lot of people say how Wal-Mart is a tool of the Devil, but I for one love it there. I've tried to get a job there on numerous occasions but apparently am not evil enough for the job.

So this movie...Dennis Hopper is a detective and he's supposed to find this serial killer. Also, the mayor makes a deal with the mob to also try and find this guy and make sure there isn't a trial. So the detective has to find the killer before the mob does. It starts out with 5 dead girls being found in various bodies of water. All in all I think the guy kills like 7 or 8 girls. His reason being that, in his demented little world, he's freeing them from pain and loss of innocence. See, when he was a little boy, his wheelchair bound sister was being molested by their dad. The way he helped her was wheeling her out to their dock (he looked about 10) and pushing her, wheelchair and all, into the river. All in all, like I said, disturbing movie.

I read some more blog posts to get some semblance of normality back into my brain. *grinz* Guess I shouldn't have read Peter's blog again.

For dinner my family and I went to New China Buffet where I ate until I hurt. You think after 20 years I'd learn to be more careful...but their eggrolls are to die for. Yummy! Anyway, after that I went to Game Stop which is almost right next door. I let my little brother con me into buying him Luigi's Mansion for GameCube as an early birthday present (his birthday is in July). I seriously have a hard time saying no to that boy. He's so adorable. As soon as I figure out how, I'll post a pic of him on here. I also bought Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay on XBox for me.

When I got home, I collapsed on the floor from too many eggrolls and too much visual stimulation in Game Stop. My body couldn't handle it all and just shut down. Thankfully I was out of the way for the most part so my family didn't have to do too much stepping over me. When I awoke, it was only 9:30pm. My brother, of course, was playing his new video game and my older sister was watching. I decided to try out my new game, planning on playing it til the wee hours of the morning.

I wouldn't really define myself as a gamer or video game junkie. Yeah, I play quite a bit, mostly cuz I don't have a job and am moving in about a month so it'd be pointless to try and get a job here. I do guzzle mountain dew if given the chance and have been known to eat cheetos despite the complete lack of nutritional value. However I don't really feel at all awkward around the opposite gender and don't stay up til 5 am because I just have to beat "corny game title" or my intestines will burst from my abdomen and I'll drown in a puddle of my own vomit and blood.

Anyway, so I got a good ways into the game and after slitting throats and snapping a few necks I was down in the bowels of the prison on my way to escape. Now, of course, nothing good can survive in utter darkness where nothing enters except really bad cons when they get outta line. So, when I get thrown in "the pit" (actually Riddick tackles a guard, using him to break his fall) I get a message that the light on my rifle was damaged in the fall and will shut off in six minutes...go figure. So I start toolin' along...round a corner...and BAM!! I run right into a creature I assume used to be a prisoner. It walks/shuffles kinda like Quasimodo when he's constipated...and they probably sound about the same, too. Now, I'm ashamed to say, but I freaked and aparently shrieked cuz my mother ran into the room and asked what was wrong. I'm truly not that easy to scare, but just wasn't expecting something like that so soon.

Sufficed to say, I decided that I'll wait til it's a bit more light out to play some more. I have freaky enough dreams as it is.

dreamer

No comments: