Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A little something

Alone again
The deepest pain
I wish it wasn't so familiar



This is something I wrote one night. I was completely and utterly fed up with being around certain family members. I wanted to get away and out of the apartment for a while, but not having a car kinda put a damper on that. So I did the next best thing, which was sitting outside at a picnic table in the dark. There was just enough light to see the paper and the only sound was the wind (and the occasional car that would go by).

You may think, 'okay, she wanted to be alone, but in the poem she's talking about it in relation to pain'. Well, some of you know exactly why that is. Some people relish being alone, 100%. Others can't stand it and always want to be around people. Then, there are those like me who love to be alone, but at the same time, there's a part that hurts for intimate companionship; longs for someone, anyone with whom we can connect. And, it hurts more deeply than any physical pain.

Anyway, enough sentiment.

No comments: