Friday, December 04, 2009

*sigh*

Well, I didn't hit 50,000 words by the Nov. 30th deadline. I did however get around 40,000. The story isn't finished, but I decided to take a few days off before continuing the writing.

The suck part is that I probably would've been able to get the 50,000 if not for other intrusions. I ended up taking a couple days off early on, but I had been ahead of my word count goal so it wasn't too big of a deal to catch up. But, then D and I got calls for three projects (one of which was a 3 hour round trip drive) that were all done in the space of about a week and a half. On top of that, close to the third week of November, my computer started acting all wonky; running really slow, internet not wanting to work right, email totally shut down, etc. All that pretty much kept me from writing more than a couple hundred words for five days straight. If I hadn't gotten up at 3am a couple mornings towards the end, I wouldn't have even gotten that 40,000 mark.

Oh well, there's always next year. And yes, I still am planning on finishing the story.

No comments: